Saturday, December 30, 2023

Looking Toward Tomorrow

 

Looking Toward Tomorrow

By John W. Vander Velden

 

Soon I begin another year.


I look forward to 2024. But it is my hope that I will change more than the calendar that hangs on the bedroom wall. Each of us has our own opinion of the year just completed. Many are pleased to see 2023 in their wake. But when I look back, I see more than the disappointments and difficulties I have faced; I see the accomplishments and great times as well. I have grown these past twelve months. I have had the opportunity to meet many amazing people in 2023. Each year is made up of plus and minuses and this year is no exception.

For God had given me 365 days, and I was obligated to do what I could with that gift. I have tried to move forward in my own way. Though my age limits some the things I once did easily, I live by a very different schedule than years gone by. That new schedule allows me to work on new and different projects, and I do.

These new projects help me to remain optimistic in a world that only emphasizes the negative. Not that optimism comes easy. Not that optimism is my natural reaction. But because I know God is in charge. I know His fingers are in not only my life but the world in general. This knowledge makes my optimism possible, even when much negativity is tossed my way. For as I said, I have been given an incredible gift, my life, and to focus on what cannot be while ignoring what can, does not pay the Giver the complement He deserves.

God does not promise me that I will see the end of 2024, so I focus on the chances and opportunities each day gives. The hours should not to be mired in the muck of what ifs, but rather grasped firmly as I work on the tasks presented, and use what strength remains. For though I am no longer in my youth, there is yet some strength in this man, and I must use that strength to move forward each day.

So as I approach this new year, let me look toward the future, with eyes wide open. But always remembering that life gives good times and times that I will feel in the end were not so good. It is for me to face each new day with confidence, for there are things God wishes me to do...

And God has plans for you as well!

May God bless 2024...

 (420 Words) 12-30-2023




No comments:

Post a Comment