Friday, October 11, 2013

Night Reflections


Night Reflections  
By John W. Vander Velden           


The ending day, found me sitting in the dark alone.  Pushing the present aside, I remembered a happier time.  My mind saw Jenny years ago, a beauty.  I could think nothing else.  The beginning, a Sunday afternoon, a walk in the park, talk, too much talk, not enough talk, laughter, I remember the laughter.

That day, she had only dated me on a dare…silly girl.   What caused her to change?  Why did she love me?  I was no one.  She was everything!  My life changed, Jenny my universe; I had a new purpose.  Together we built our new world.  Together we made a home…together.  I became more with her at my side, more than I had ever imagined.  

Suddenly my mind filled with another time.  Angry words, painful spiteful words, spoken out of hurt and frustration, packed suitcases, a door slammed, an empty hotel room.  But love had not abandoned, misplaced perhaps, buried beneath the day to day perhaps, ignored too long but certainly not dead.  Then there were tears, many tears and a new understanding came; with it love blossomed as never before.  

Years, all the years, the good times certainly outweighed the bad.  Now I must face the years alone…

(205 Words)

No comments:

Post a Comment