Friday, March 30, 2018

1st Book Signing


1st Book Signing

By John W. Vander Velden

 

 

Those who have followed these posts over the years know that I often write about possibilities and dreams.  I write about making a difference and faith as well.  Each week I lay before you a few words…just a few… And I hope those few words have reached within you, as you have taken the moments out of your busy lives to read.  I thank you all.
But today I write about another dream…my dream.  I write about the long years pressing toward a goal now coming to fruition.  For today I will host my very first book signing.  Imagine that, John will be having a book signing.  But greater is the surprise that John has published a book.
I don’t suppose those that knew me in high school ever imagined that I would be in this place I find myself.  Some will point at my age and say, “it’s about time.”  Perhaps it is.  But I believe, strongly, that there is a reason we stand at the particular place we find ourselves at a particular moment.  No, things do not “just” happen.  No, it was not an easy process.  But, yes, I had help.
Each week I have posted “something”, and each week some among you have ventured to read that “something”.  You have supported me in ways you do not know.  Also throughout my life, others have kindly aided me in ways that they too might not recognize.  Each of us face challenges and writing and publishing a book has its challenges.  I would love to list out all of you name by name, friends, other writers, editors, fellow participants in workshops and all the rest, but I must limit the length of this post, and the list of your names would exceed my word count.
But this post is about dreams…and never giving up on those dreams.  This post is about courage, to face new challenges face on.  This post is about self-value for each of us struggle with feeling of self-worth.  This post is about Misty Creek, my book and a story in which I believe.
So if you come to see me in Plymouth today or Nappanee next week, I wish to thank you, my friends, my co-writers, and all the others I have yet not met.  For you all have been part of the voyage I have undertaken.  Dreams can come true…I know that’s true…even now…mine is…

(408 Words) 3-28-2018

No comments:

Post a Comment