Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Elizabeth's Journey an Update


 
 
There are those that do their best work when facing a deadline.  Some who need a target to drive them to get the work done.  I am not among those folks

When “Misty Creek” was released I set a timetable for the completion of the sequel, “Elizabeth’s Journey”, 18 months.  I had a draft and was well into the first revise believing that goal was easily attainable…Silly me.  But life has too many demand and the work required was far more than I anticipated.

When the revised draft returned from my editor, I was surprised by the thousands of comments, many positive, but most raising questions I had not asked myself.  Just because I understood the character’s motivation does not mean it is clear to the reader.  I had expected to finish this revise in four months…September 5th.

Well it is September 5th and to put it mildly the revision is not finished.  In truth I am happy that I have reached halfway through that endeavor.  But the revision is not the final work required.  Though there is much left to do before I have molded earlier drafts into the final, progress is being made.  For those that have read “Misty Creek” and long for the next part of Elizabeth’s story I ask for patience.  I must strive to my best to make “Elizabeth’s Journey” a worthy sequel.

So for all of you that have read “Misty Creek” or are friends of this author, I have decided to give you updates, weekly when possible.  So stay tuned....  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment