Saturday, February 29, 2020

Open Spaces


Open Spaces
By John W. Vander Velden
February 29, 2020
Vol.: 20.2

With February as good as behind us, the winter is winding down. Are you ready for spring? I'm not certain I am. Don't get me wrong I’m not a fan of the cold. Frozen pipes and icy roads do no equate to fun times, but spring brings a list of “to dos” of its own. So maybe we should enjoy the season we're in, don’t you think.

I recently participated in a local Author’s Fair, my first. That event was, like so many things lately, a learning experience. I met some interesting people and reestablished a connection with one of my brother’s school chums. He had moved away several years ago and had recently returned to the area. It was good seeing him and meeting his wife.

Things like that remind me how the unexpected happens to us from time to time. Unexpected occurrences can be good or, well, not so good. Things happen. But I have learned that our lives are shaped by how we respond to the events we face. How we handle the expected things, and how we respond to the stuff that comes at us out of the blue. Good stuff and, like I said before, the not so good stuff.

Enough philosophizing for today.

So what does next month have in store for the author part of me? Well, I was asked to speak to a book club. I’m thrilled that The Argos Page Turners chose Misty Creek for their February read. So on March 10th I'll be joining the group to discuss MY book. It's another first for me and I’m excited. Then on the 12th I will be having an Author’s event in the Plymouth, Indiana, Library. Stop by if you’re in the neighborhood. 

So friends I hope February was good for you.  My wish for you and yours is a great month ahead filled with health and happiness. 

Blessings,
John



No comments:

Post a Comment