Friday, June 12, 2015

To Make a Difference


To Make a Difference                           

By John W. Vander Velden

 

When it really comes down to it, I want to make a difference.  Not the kind of difference that makes the newspaper.  Everyone has the need for recognition the desire to feel important.  No, I want to quietly make things better...just a little.  To change this little corner of my world, for changing “here” makes “there” better too.  Maybe that’s why I write, that my clumsily stacked words plant tiny seeds within the reader.  That by chance those seeds grow a little hope, or confidence, or courage, or self-respect, or faith.  Faith in oneself but more…faith in something larger, stronger, something that can never fail.

Is that too much to ask, to make a difference?  I suppose not.  But that is not all.  I want to know I made a difference.  That when God at last calls me to my rest, I know that I have done something, changed someone, helped a stranger, made a difference.  What a great deal for a simple common man to desire.  But deep inside I believe there is no simple or common person.  That each of us is a unique magnificent creation, loved by God with unbelievable potential.  I want to make a difference, and if I can help you see your infinite worth...then maybe I have!  

(215  Words)               6-12-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment