Monday, July 20, 2015

More Than Ink

More Than Ink  
             
By John W. Vander Velden

If someone would read all the words I have written.  The thousands of pages that have been building over the years, they would know me -- really know me.  Many years I have poured words across the nearly uncountable pages and on those pages I place more than ink.

Some understand that the hours at keyboard, tablet, or with pen in hand, is time when my heart pumps lifeblood through my fingertips.  Each character, every story comes from places deep, often places I do not fully understand myself.  I am driven to discover and to share those discoveries in subtle ways.  Each but a small piece that reveals little.  But if combined with all the rest shows the man, his hopes and his fears, his joys and his pains, his pleasant dreams and his nightmares, all the things that make this writer human.

No deliberate act, but part of an involuntary action of a journey begun that I cannot end -- not yet anyway.  I am driven to write -- to create -- and to unwittingly be part of that creation, for that creation is an extension of myself.  To pour out my very essence for others to witness, to bare my heart and soul, for those pages are covered with so much more than ink…


(216 Words)                6-12-2015

1 comment: