Thursday, November 12, 2015

In the Wind


In the Wind

By John W. Vander Velden

In the passing night hours I listened to the wind that shook our home.  My mind was filled with many memories of past storms, particularly the one that had shredded the trees in our yard last year.  The wind reminded me of nature’s power, a power often unnoticed until…  But all around us the grand force of nature exists.  I love the energy of the sea, and feel the power of wind and waves each time I am fortunate to walk the shoreline.  I watch as the tide pushes the water higher and higher up the beach and understand that it takes great power to move the oceans.  In Alaska I witnessed the always moving blue ice of the glaciers, and felt the earth tremble.  I have driven among the grand Rocky Mountains in the South West.  I hope one day to see Yellowstone the forests and the geysers.  I understand the power within a volcano, the heat of earth’s heart revealed.  

All around are the reminders of the mighty strong hand of nature, and to me the reminders of the One who made it all.  For God created the mountains, the seas.  He made the deep forest and the tumbling waters of the waterfalls.  He brings the new sprouts of spring and colors the leaves in autumn.  He caresses with the gentle rain and soft breeze.  But last night I heard Him In the wind.

(236 Words)  11-12-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment