Friday, April 29, 2016

A Step Forward


A Step Forward

By John W. Vander Velden

 

A journey has many steps,
Each one important.
To begin may seem the most difficult,
But I would disagree. 

To carry the load, pace by pace,
To go on, though the goal remains beyond our sight. 
That to me is the sign of determination and courage. 

We press on knowing that even in failure we grow,
But failure is only certain when we put down our burden,
Turning from the possible victory that lies unseen. 

Each step, the easy and the difficult matter. 
Each step, moves us to places we yet have not perceived. 
Who is to say what lies before us...

                             Not I! 

But I know that I have traveled a far distance,
My journey is not complete. 
So with each step I move forward,
To reach a place I have never been.

                        That's life. 

AIN'T LIFE EXCITING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment