Thursday, August 11, 2016

It's About Attitude



It’s About Attitude


By John W. Vander Velden
 

Though I believe that time is a teacher, I know that I must be open to learn the lessons that life offers.  Life is ever-changing.  It is up to me to get the most out of each moment.  You see, it is about attitude.  Jackie will tell you that I do not always have the best attitude…but I try.  Trying may not be enough but it’s my best shot.  Over the years I have faced disappointments and challenges along with some pain.  I know that my problems have been less than those faced by others.  But like everyone, my problems are my problems, and they seem the most important problems, when I face them.  Those days place a damper on my moods.  Times I wear the world on my sleeve, but most times I carry the weight hidden.  Those are the days I must remind myself once again…it’s all about attitude.  And it is! 

Few know about the darkest days I have faced.  Few need to be bothered by knowing.  This post isn’t about dealing with that darkness, but rather recognizing that dawn follows the night.  Wait for it.  It’s comin’. This post is about the gift each of us is given…today!  Twenty- four non-repeating hours.  Fourteen hundred forty unique one time minutes.  Rising in the morning I remind myself of this grand offering placed before me…a new day…and the possibilities that lie at my feet.  Get up and go John.  There’s things to get done. The day’s closing may find me disappointed in what I have managed to accomplish, but if I have given it my best…well that’ll have to do…and more…it was enough. 

It is about attitude.  God has given me today.  Hopefully I accept that gift with gratitude…make the most I can out of it…and not insult the Giver.   


(311 Words)                8-11-2016



No comments:

Post a Comment