Friday, November 26, 2021

October Open Spaces

 

Open Spaces


Vol. 21.11

By John W. Vander Velden

November 25, 2021

 

I finally sat down to begin this month’s newsletter on the evening of Thanksgiving Day. It was wonderful to spend some hours with family this year. We didn’t last year. COVID changed a great many things didn’t it? But we made up for the lost opportunity and were able to reconnect face to face with those we love. I hope that you were able to get together with your special people as well.

Christmas is only a month away and if your home is like ours that sets a busy schedule for these coming weeks. Yet I feel it is important to remember what separates December 25th from the other 364 days. Christmas is the day we celebrate the birth of Christ...and with His birth the world changed. I’m sure you have heard it a thousand times, Jesus is the reason for the season, well in our home we know it is true. During this insanely busy season, take some time to remind yourself about why you celebrate Christmas.

Now for a bit of writing news.

I have finally finished my first editorial revisions. The story has changed dramatically since I began this step in early February. I mean even the title has been changed. But soon, probably in January, I will send this draft of With the Sun’s Rising to my editor for her take on the story. At almost 650 pages it has been a major undertaking to hone this work into this new story.

It is my hope my readers will enjoy this chapter of Elizabeth’s life.

I have only one more Author’s Event left this year. It has been a thrill to be able to meet with readers once again for the three events I have had this month. Having the opportunity to come face to face with these wonderful people has been a benefit I had not expected. It may be the best part of publishing my books and makes the thousands of hours to create them well spent.

If you are in Goshen, Indiana, Friday December 3rd, stop by FABLES BOOKS, 215 S. Main Street, between 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM, take a moment and say hello.

So I will close this month’s newsletter with these few words. Thanksgiving should remind us of how blessed we are. To be thankful brightens our day. Make a habit of counting your blessings.

So on this day remember that God loves you. He loved you yesterday. He will love you tomorrow. God never abandons...never.

May blessings come your way.

John 



No comments:

Post a Comment