Friday, February 23, 2018

Perhaps It's Time


Perhaps It’s Time                     

By John W. Vander Velden

 

Things change.  Now that’s an understatement.  On March first, this Blogging experiment will celebrate another anniversary.  I was bold and foolish when I took on the task of weekly posting literary tidbits.  I committed myself to a minimum of six months, now I approach six years.

Fact is I have learned a great deal during these years…not only about writing.  Google has helped me learn about internet templets for example, and other mechanical aspects of making a presence.  I also gathered a bit of skill in graphic arts.  But I also did learn a great deal about writing.

Consistency is the key to Blogging.  I believe it is the key to much in life.  But consistency demands discipline.  To be motivated week in and week out and take the time necessary to build a post demands a dedication to the pursuit.  But it also requires fresh ideas…constantly.

Perhaps that is the area that grows more arid.  That and setting aside the time necessary.  Now with Misty Creek published, and working on a hard revise of the sequel, once again I wonder if Blogging is the best use of my time.  Perhaps it is time for a change.

So I do not know what the future holds about…anything…but I should direct more of my time in other directions.  Does this mean that Ramblings…Essays and Such…will vanish?  Yes and no.  Certainly there will come a day when even my faithful followers will forget about my Blog, but not quite yet.  But weekly new posts, they will be ending.  I will post something new when an idea demands to be shared.  Between I will reach into the archives to re-post something.  I also plan to use the site as a message port for my book.

I thank all of you that have taken the time out of busy lives to visit Ramblings.  I hope over the years I have provided stuff that made those visits worth your time.  Thank you one and all!    

(335 Words)  2-20-2018 

No comments:

Post a Comment